The virtual move and rotation panel is where you can program your handheld controllers to help you move and rotate in VR.
1. Simply select which controller in the controller panel.
2. In the drop-down menu next to “Select VR Controller and choose the type of virtual move” select which action you would like to assign to that particular controller.
3. Assign action to the controller. You have three options:
1. Move – Will allow you to move in VR with the assigned controller.
2. Rotate – Will allow you to rotate in VR with the assigned controller.
3. Both Move & Rotate – Will allow you to move and rotate with the assigned controller.
4. In the following drop-down menu located next to “Select button to activate virtual move,” you have the option to assign a button to activate movement.
5. Click on the top button labeled “Start WalkinVR.” Once WalkinVR driver has started and you can see the WalkinVR icon light up in the SteamVR panel.
To move – When in VR to move hold the activation button on the handheld controller assigned to move and drag it in the direction you want to rotate. Release the activation button when done moving.
To rotate – When in VR to rotate hold the activation button on the handheld controller assigned to rotate and drag it in the direction you want to rotate. Release the activation button when done rotating.
*Please note: Pressing assigned button will enable rotation and movement. Double pressing the assigned button will perform the buttons intend function*